Satellite Radio For Businesses
Any business can sign-up for commercial-free satellite radio. Both XM Radio and Sirius offer a month-to-month subscription designed for business use.
There are several benefits to having satellite radio at work:
- Channel variety. There are over 100 channels of commercial-free music and news, information, and sports that can be heard throughout your place of business.
- No equipment to lease. You purchase a receiver and run it through your existing sound system - or have a new one installed. The cost of equipment runs around $150 for each service.
- No contracts. Both XM Radio and Sirius offer a month to month plan that can be cancelled at any time. No annual plans are currently available.
- Billing options. Billing can be done through an invoice (at an extra charge) or with a credit card.
- Channel blocking. You can make sure that only the channels you want to have heard in your business are available. (NOTE: The Playboy Premium Channel on XM Radio is not available with a business subscription.)
- Phone hold music. This feature is available with XM Radio.
- Seasonal music. Season music is available in the winter season.
XM Radio is $27.95 per month, with an activation fee of $14.99.
Sirius Satellite Radio is $24.95 per month, with no activation fee.
Why is a business subscription higher than a personal subscription?
The business subscription covers all of the royalties that are required for the use of music in a business to ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC, the agencies that represent the music copyright owners. These royalties are not required for personal use.